04 September 2006

Fast 6km



On Saturday I walked a fast 6km out in the country in training for Burnie 10. I managed 8.5 minutes a kilometre, which is about what I walked for Burnie last year, so I was quite pleased. Sunday I couldn't move well, but I have now recovered. I actually think that walking fast may be harder than running at times. I felt like breaking into a run, but I have a pact with myself NOT to start running EVER (due to DH's obsession with running), so I will continue to walk


It has been a BEAUTIFUL day here today. Hope you are all well and happy and having a great week. No more news from me.

11 comments:

Ails said...

What a great time Suzy! I would need a rocket up me to match you :)

2paw said...

You make me laugh!! I can picture you determinedly NOT running!! Well done!! I walked the Labradors to the shop at the corner and had to hold onto the railing!!!

littlegrover said...

I definetely couldn't walk that fast - come to think of it, I would be hard pressed to run that fast too!

You are doing well and I think you will do the Burnie with no problem at all!

chickychriss said...

Wow - that's a great time Suzy! Have a great week..

Hear me ROAR said...

That's wonderful!! You walk faster then I run lol I have short legs though hehe!

Have a great day!!

kathrynoh said...

Great work. I find it hard to walk fast because I get distracted and stop to look at things (esp when I'm walking to work and have to go past the shops).

Leighanne said...

You have done great!!

Michelle said...

Hey there! You are too funny, I've missed you since I haven't blogged all month! Can't wait to catch up and see what you've been up to!

Anne said...

Great work Suzy - and thanks for inspiring me to get walking again!!

jen said...

Good on ya Suzy, thats a great effort!!!

Have a great week...
Jen

Jadey 0:-) said...

I wanted to officially invite you to join www.livinginthesuburbs.com

It is a forum I have been on for over 12 motnhs now for weightloss, health and lifestyle.

We have seasonal challenges and the Spring one is getting revved up to start now.