10 September 2006

Walk 4 Women

















Thanks to
  • Bri telling us about the
  • Walk for Women in each State, I decided to go to Hobart yesterday and walk. There were only about 30 people there and most of them were just out for a stroll, but I met a girl who wanted to walk a bit faster and we walked the 8 km together. It was very enjoyable. We walked from Cornelian Bay to the Cenotaph and back and it was a pretty walk along the water. I think it may have been a bit short of 8km though as our time was 64 minutes and I know I wasn't walking faster than last week. Anyway, it was for a good cause and it was exercise and we enjoyed it, so that's all that matters. I came home tired, but happy.

    Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weekend.
  • 8 comments:

    Christy_Ann said...

    Sounds like a great thing to do. Glad to hear you are having good weather! It's been pouring in Sydney all this week, but we DO need it...

    Briony said...

    After all that I couldn't go yesterday. It was raining cats and dogs here and I couldn't take little DS out in the awful weather as he has such a bad cough already. I'm going to do the walk next weekend (weather again permitting) and donate $10 to the Mercy Mission instead. I'm glad that you got to go.
    Have a great week,
    Bri

    Julie's journey said...

    Well done on doing this walk. Such a worthwhile cause. The weather in Sydney is horrendous but Im not complaining - we desperately need the rain.

    Sue said...

    Good on you for joining in this walk - and lucky you found someone to help you turn it into a decent piece of exercise!

    Doug Bagley said...

    Good for you! Keep up the good work

    jen said...

    Wish I had heard about it...but good on ya, a great effort.

    Jen

    healthbites - mary said...

    Good going Suzy and thank you so much for the birthday greeting, super cute! I hope you are having a great weekend and I can finally comment on your blog :-)

    Wanna_B_slim said...

    Hello there... I have just had a quick look at your blog and it looks to me like I have found a fellow Tasmanian... WOW!!!... I have only skimmed thru your blogs but so far i think you have done an amazing job at losing then maintaining your weight...I also looked into the walk for women in Hobart but didnt know anyone I could have roped into doing it with me...
    maybe next time... and i have also only just in the last 3 weeks started any sort of exercise.. so maybe next year i will be alot fitter also...
    Cheers WBS