16 October 2006

One year older, one minute faster!



















I was too tired to tell you last night, (especially after a bottle of Omni shared with DH to celebrate our day) anyway:

I power-walked the Burnie Ten in 83 minutes 58 seconds. One minute faster than my time last year. I was SO pleased. There were actually 700+ people behind me and most of them ran and walked. OK, so there were 2600+ in front of me, but most of them ran or ran/walked too. It was very, very windy. In fact, I was walking sideways at times due to the extreme wind, but I loved every minute of it (well nearly every minute). When I arrived at the finish line I was scanned with a paddle (in case the transponder on my number didn't work) and then I was handed a piece of paper. Oooh, I thought, a certificate already! But no, it was a letter telling me they had run out of medals and mine would be posted in 5 weeks. I was very SAD! I wanted my medal! I was exhausted, starving (you know me, I can't go without food for too long) and I had been SO looking forward to receiving my medal. Anyway, I will just have to wait.

The main thing is I achieved my goal of finishing my own walking race in my own personal goal time and I can still walk today (albeit slowly).

DH ran really well (49 minutes 42 seconds). He was slower than last year, but considering his knee injury has hindered his running for the last three months, he was quite pleased too. He received his medal (above) and kindly allowed my to take a pic to show you what mine will look like.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting a better time. I have been drinking Omni too (I think I like the blue one the best).
Hope you have a great week!
Bri

Jadey 0:-) said...

Well done babe - i would be upset if I had to wait for my medal too. Totally understand.

1 minute quicker in hard winds is fantastic!

CaramelKitKat said...

Good on you Suzy, I hope you're still collecting medals when you're 80!

kathrynoh said...

Woohoo on getting a PB! Sounds like you need some pampering today :)

What a bummer about the medal but something to look forward to in the mail at least.

Anonymous said...

WOW you guys are legends. Well done on beating your time too. I agree, you deserve some pamapering today :-)

2paw said...

Congratulations!! I think you have done an excellent job!! Sad medal news but I heard they actually turned 150 people away too. I should make a sled and have The Labradors pull me along Husky-like next year!!!

linda said...

Suzy, that is a fantastic time. Well done. The Omni was thoroughly deserved.

jen said...

woohooo Suzy, well done...ya did it again and in a better time than last year despite the wind.

Good on ya, hope you all rested up again...

Jen

M said...

That is fantastic Sue. How brilliant. And the medal looks great too. Imagine how great yours will look in a few weeks time :)

You'll be outracing all of us for years I think LOL.

Have a wonderful week

Sue said...

Woo hoo! Better, fitter, faster!