18 October 2006

Some info on grocery shopping













I know I have said this to myself (and you) before, but I must drink more water. During winter I have become lazy with my water intake and it is time to change. I am going to squeeze a lemon into a jug of water every morning and make sure I finish it all each day. At least 6 glasses. I started on Monday and I am sure I feel better for it.

Dear son-in-law has finished Uni for the year and so "little" won't be coming on such a regular basis for a while. I may go back to the gym. I can't decide. I did really enjoy it last year, and I am sure I was much more toned than I am now. I like the treadmill there and the equipment that I don't have at home, but until the sun is out for two days in a row, I can't get motivated enough to decide.

BY THE WAY, did you know that you can get a raincheck on a grocery item at the Supermarket? Don't know if it applies to all supermarkets, or all products, but today I went to get some more Cappuccino sachets (I'm hooked) which were $1.50 cheaper in this week's catalogue and they were out of stock. The girl filling the shelf told me to go to the service desk and get a raincheck. It is valid for one month and therefore when the stock comes in I can get it at the cheaper price. I can't believe how many times I have gone to get a special and there has been no stock and I thought I just missed out. Sometimes specials are quite substantial on expensive items too! Anyway I am spreading the word!!!! I won't mention any names, but check it out for yourself!!!!

P.S Some of our New Zealand blogger friends and our Aussie friend Philippa had a meet up last night. Looks like they had a lovely time. Check them out via
  • Katey's blog
  • 11 comments:

    Anne said...

    Well done on the year older but a minute faster! You must be so pleased with that!!

    2paw said...

    Rainchecks are great!! I often have one. I had two for special dog food a few weeks ago!! I don't think they are quintessentially Australian, we need to use them more!!! Not a bad addiction though!!!

    CaramelKitKat said...

    It sounds weird, but I find it easier to drink water in winter as I have it hot.

    I think all supermarkets/department stores must give rainchecks by law, or otherwise state in the advertising "no rainshecks". Shame they do not advertise "ASK US FOR A RAINCHECK!!".

    Wanna_B_slim said...

    Well done on your effort...I told a friend that I want to go in it next year and he nearly choked on his scotch....hmmm oh well...I can dream...

    chickychriss said...

    I struggle with drinking enough water too Suzy. I like your idea of squeezing some lemon juice into it.. Congratulations on your achievement in the Burnie 10 - well done!!!

    White Rose Boy said...

    I think the importance of water intake is so often underestimated by a lot of us trying to lose weight.

    Anonymous said...

    Finally...now I know what it means by "rainchecks" at the supermarket!

    Leighanne said...

    I had some lemon in water at work tonight, it was quite nice:)

    My mum always gets rainchecks - I feel a little embarssed to ask for one:)

    Slim Suzy said...

    Don't be embarrassed with the grocery raincheck. You don't even have to give your name. They just give you a little ticket with the product name, date and special price and you just show the ticket at the register when you find that the product is available.

    2paw said...

    I love my radio!! I can walk a few minutes further every day because I am listening to the radio instead of feeling puffed out!!! I have one ear on the radio and the other ear is for The Labradors!!

    Hear me ROAR said...

    Try cucumbers in your water too.. It actually tastes really good!!

    I new about the rainchecks... but half the time I forget that I am going for a sale item :)