13 October 2006

Stepping out

17,372 steps (12.2 km)
8.5 points used (not that I am counting them at the moment and not that I could count exercise points while maintaining, but interesting all the same)

DH and I had a lovely walk yesterday (12.2 km). we didn't stop for lunch halfway, just coffee, as we had a bacon and egg late breakfast before we left. I was SO starving when we arrived home. Other than being hungry and having to stop a couple of times due to my heart palpitations (caused by my age and stage of life, I think), all in all I felt pretty good after. It was a lovely day.














I do wish the WIND would stop though. The sky is hazy due to bushfires and (as you know) fires are still raging around many States. I am hoping for rain and no wind so property and lives aren't threatened. Fingers crossed xxxxxxx

9 comments:

2paw said...

Wow, that is sooo far!! The fires are very scary..I just keep remembering '67...I'm hopimg for rain, no wind and coolness too!!

Anonymous said...

Good going with the walking! I hope the weather eases too. I can't believe we're having bushfires this early! I wonder what summer will bring then :-/

Wanna_B_slim said...

I got an email about the hobart bushfires... they are all over the place...
I hope you are safe where you are...
You have a beautiful view there...
My bro in law lives in sandy bay..and they have a gorgeous view from the top of the hill...
So far so good here in launny with fires... but I know they will come...Stay safe and well done on the walking...

Anonymous said...

Well done on the walking. Scarey about the fires I hope the rain comes and puts them all out.
Bri

CaramelKitKat said...

I need to take a leaf out of your book, all that walking is great for your overall health.

Your deck is sensational, I bet you're kicking yourself that you didn't build it sooner.

Have a great weeked, Suzy!

Anonymous said...

Thats an impressive walk! The bushfires sound so scarey, I hope they stay well away from you.

Christy_Ann said...

I can only agree with everyone's comments. Great going on the walking and yes, I do hope those fires ease soon and the rain comes - for all of us!

Jadey 0:-) said...

Was the burnie today??? I hope all went well. I have been thinking about you - even when I haven't ben reading blogs etc

TC said...

That is an awesome number of steps and points! woohoo!!!

I hope the weather and bushfires die down.