04 January 2007

New sewing machine

I have had my old Singer sewing machine for 33 years! It has never really let me down. I have been thinking of buying a new one for ages, but haven't had the courage. Well, DH bought me a lovely new Singer Model 7464 for Christmas. It is WONDERFUL!!!! It does one step buttonholes. You can just pop in the button and it works out the right size button hole and makes it. It also makes lots of beautiful stitches.
Here is my first attempt.













I can't believe I have been struggling along for so many years with my old machine. I was so happy with the easy buttonhole, I nearly cried. I emailed this photo to DH at work. He thinks I am a bit of a nutcase to get so excited over small things, but he is happy I love my new machine.
I have made new Jamas for me (black with white spots)

























I made a demin bag for my grand-daughter "E" from a recycled denim skirt of mine.


































I made a top and bag for me from a recycled dress of mine. Now, what else can I cut up?

11 comments:

2paw said...

What fun!! If I was an item of clothing in your house I'd be shaking in my boots!! Mind you, the new things you have made look so good!!!

Sue said...

Man, you're so clever!

Jadey 0:-) said...

Our sewing machine actually died! I will still send you the dogs bed if you are desperate for things to do LMAO

missy vas said...

how exciting!! those bags are fantastic. i have been thinking about getting a new machine for a while now, but we have no room for it at the moment.
you are one clever woman!
vx

White Rose Boy said...

Sewing I think I'll keep out of this one. My limit is re-fixing buttons.

Mary said...

I love the idea of recycling old clothes, material!! :-)

Zanna said...

One very talented lady - knit, sew crochet, cook, bake ..... What other surprises have you got up your sleeve?

chickychriss said...

Wow - I bet your granddaughter loves that bag! Since I stopped quilting I've hardly used my machine.. Look forward to seeing more of your stunning creations..

Leighanne said...

Your creations are great...I think I need to learn to sew!!

Jayess62 said...

Gosh, you are so clever. I can't believe you waited so long for a new machine, considering how crafty you are. I am sure your dh is very happy with himself for buying such a great gift. I love seeing your latest creations. I was a bit knitter once upon a time, but since living in Qld, I haven't picked up a needle.......so I can vicariously enjoy wool crafts through you........

Jodie said...

I busted out and bought myself a sewing machine for Xmas this year but have no idea on how to sew. I've book myself in for some beginners lessons starting early Feb so hopefully I'll be able to make some lovely thing like you do! XX