03 January 2007

A bit sad

Hello everyone!

Judging from my blog reading the last few days it sounds like you have all survived the "silly season" fairly well. I know we all ate and drank a bit too much, but that was to be expected.

We had a lovely Christmas with family. I went to see my three littles and DD and DS-in-law early on Christmas morning. Nothing like the happiness on childrens' faces when they open their presents is there?! I only stayed a short while and we went back there later for a lovely tea and drinks.





My Dear Son and his partner stayed here on Christmas Eve and for breakfast on Christmas Day. We were all a bit sad though as they were preparing to move States! They have moved to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland! They have been wanting to try a "seachange" for a while and the opportunity came up, so they grabbed it. I hope they are happy. He told me not to be sad, just think of it as a new holiday destination. It is SO far away though! I know he is 29, but he is still my little boy! I made him "Auntie's Chocolate Cake" with little cars around the edge.
Dear Daughter said, "you still have us" and I say thank goodness for that. I would HATE them to move too!!!

Anyway, they are keeping in touch. They took their car and have spent a few days visiting friends in Canberra and Newcastle on the way. I had a call from him yesterday and they have arrived safely and are in their new house (albeit with no furniture except a blow-up mattress, TV, toaster and kettle until all their wordly goods arrive in three days!).

I have been keeping myself busy sewing. DH gave me a new sewing machine for Christmas. More about that another day......

9 comments:

Mary said...

Hang on, I read it as the "states" of America and then I realised LOL. I can only imagine how you must feel but it's true, think of it as a great holiday destination and much warmer :-) You're such a great mum and I'm sure they will miss you too.

You are going to be a speed demon with your new sewing machine! Can't wait to hear all about your new creations.

michelle said...

Oh dear I know my heart would be braking even though my head would be supporting him. Best plan a holiday theer soon. Airline sale ends today for flights till end March!!!

Zanna said...

I know - it's tough - No 2 son has been staying with us on and off for the last few months - and been here full time for the last month but is heading to UK to work on 30th this month. So I really sympathise with you but as Mary says - great place to holiday and nice and warm.

2paw said...

Of course you are a little sad, you are allowed to be!!! But there is the phone and email and visits to be had. Glad everyone had a great Christmas!!!

Jayess62 said...

I was living in Vic and my parents moved to the Sunshine Coast and I missed them terribly.......so then a couple of years later I moved too. I love it here. It's warm, glorious, and a beautiful place too.

Thank goodness for email and phones, and yes, it's a great holiday destination. You could even meet a fellow blogger ;)

jen said...

I know how you feel, we followed #2 son around Australia to catch up with them as they toured, was the only way to meet our grandies as they arrived. They were in Qld for their 2nd child and we went there to meet our g/daughter....lovely place, visit if you can.

Jen

Sue said...

I'm not looking forward to when it happens to me later in the year! Love the look of that cake.

Hear me ROAR said...

Aww, well at least he isn't a plane ride away!!

I plan on getting to know my sewing machine this year also. The whole thing intimidates me! LOL

A Girl Running said...

I thought you meant the USA too LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)