24 January 2007

Love being back at work!

Yes, I had a great two days at work. It was nice to catch up with the girls. After I said my "hello"'s I went to the office where I will be typing. I have a whole house to myself. I have complete silence. I like silence while I work. Anyway, I have a Dictaphone stuck in my ears, so I need to concentrate on the Surgeon talking to me (or should I say mumbling). He is a GREAT Surgeon but dictating his letters clearly is not a priority. Saving lives and mending people is his priority - fair enough!

Going back to work was an excuse for a spending spree on work clothes - 1 skirt, 1 trousers, 4 shirts and shoes and then today I bought a little cardie, as I was a bit cold yesterday. The air conditioner is blowing on my back. You know how I love shopping though!








I went to get my eyes tested today. I have glasses for reading. I knew I needed much stronger ones, so now I will be OK. I am so annoyed with my Health Cover though. We seem to pay a fortune each month and I still have to pay $244 for my new glasses and I chose the cheapest frames I could get. I am having graduated lenses though, so I don't have to keep taking my glasses on and off.
The Optometrist said "I see you have just had your big Birthday". I said yes I am now 50. He said, OMG I thought you were 40! OK, so maybe he needs to have an appointment with one of his colleagues for new glasses but I told him he was a friend for life!

13 comments:

chickychriss said...

That's a fantstic compliment Suzy! Glad you are enjoying being back at work - what a good excuse for a shopping spree!

2paw said...

Glad you like being back at work!! I agree with you about the Health insurance: whenever I claim anything, I always have a huge gap to pay, especially at the dentist. In the olden days there was never a gap. Bah humbug. Nice optometrist though!!!

jen said...

Ohhhhhhh what a great compliment...he'd be friend for life too!!

Glad you love being back at work...another great excuse to shop!

Jen

White Rose Boy said...

Nice compliment you got there, I bet you where a little pleased.

M said...

LOL. He doesn't need glasses - you just look fantastic!!!

And I think it is always good to have an excuse for shopping. Any excuse. Like "today is Saturday - lets shop" :)

Hope you had a great Australia Day..

Briony said...

I just got new glasses too. Damn healthfund only covered $140 and I had to pay $260 - didn't get the graduated lenses this time though, I just couldn't afford it! I'm wondering if health insurance is worth it!! Anyhoo, well done on the compliment from the optometrist, that would have made you feel good for the rest of the day. Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bri

Em said...

I am back..........Doesnt surprise me to see you looking as great as ever :)

Julie's journey said...

Why wouldnt someone think you were 40 - you look phenomenal (spelt right?). I also wonder at the prices that are charged for the frames - horrendous!

Mary said...

Hehe, love the compliment! You are looking fantastic and glad you love being back at work. Great excuse to shop!!

Leighanne said...

You do look 40!!!
Hope you have a great long weekend:)

Wanna_B_slim said...

hey there Suzy... Glad you are enjoying being back at work.
Hope you are still managing some sewing projects in your spare time...

Zanna said...

Lovely compliment - and well deserved! We'll need a picture of you with your new glasses on!

Chris H said...

... was gunna tag you, but someone beat me to it! ha ha