25 February 2007

All is well















All is well in my part of the World and I hope everything is wonderful at your place.

Another week has flown by. I can't believe it is almost March already!

I have been wanting to make this Licorice Allsorts Tea Cosy since seeing a pic of one on my travels through the net. Dear daughter has been knitting some lovely cosies lately for presents and I happened to stumble across this one while looking for ideas. I couldn't find a pattern, so I made this up. It turned out quite well though and looks cute in my 1960's kitchen. The trouble is (you know me), I now have the urge to make another different one. Maybe a black cosie with a cat on it?

Have a great week everyone.

P.S. Still no alcohol has passed through my lips since Festivale!!!!



P.P.S.
Here is my black tea cosy with pearl trimmings (for more refined days):








P.P.P.S
My teapot (which I bought for $1 at the op shop) now has a whole wardrobe of cosies. Thank goodness I am going to work today and don't have time to make another!!!

14 comments:

kathrynoh said...

That is so cute! You are very clever, working out the pattern yourself.

amanda j said...

Very, very cute! Well done!

Chris H said...

You are a clever tart! Very cute is all I can say. And yaaa for the absence of alcohol, nasty stuff.

White Rose Boy said...

Licorice Allsorts they originate from a sweet factory in Pontefract about 15 miles from where I live.
I love them and your tea cosy of course.

Anne said...

Love it - but then I love licorice allsorts!!

Health Bites said...

They're gorgeous Suzy!

Jayess62 said...

oh, you are so clever, I love seeing your creations.

Leighanne said...

Those tea cosies are so cute...makes me want to go buy a teapot to put one on:)

jen said...

The cuties are great, your're one very talented lady. The licorice allsorts one does look good enough to eat!!!

Wanna_B_slim said...

As soon as I saw the pic I knew what it was... so you have done a fab job of that teapot cosy...
I have a teapot I bought at a market for $1... only because it is exactly the same as the one I used to see my mum make every morning....You have done well to avoid the alcohol since festivale...
I didnt get there... we went to the Prickly Cactus for tea instead... yummmm and mind you i was rather ill after the Fishbowl marguarita and the fruit tingle cocktail and the numerous scotches I had later.... so self inflicted illness yet again... when will i learn.. ha ha

chickychriss said...

I just love your teacosies Suzy!

Ange said...

hi suzy - thanks for leaving a comment.

your tea cosies are so cute! you are very clever :) it makes me want to go out and buy a teapot just to have one of the cosies.

ArleneWKW said...

I keep getting the message that I should learn to knit. It seems that just about everyone but me has discovered its joys. It certainly would be a way to keep my hands occupied (instead of eating). Your latest projects are cool - and inspiring.

missy vas said...

they are fantastic! You are ery clever!