09 February 2007

Long time no blogging










Hello all! We had a lovely time at the beach and since then this week seems to have flown. I haven't had time to post or read blogs, unfortunately. I hope to catch up with you all at the weekend.
Here are my glasses. As you can see, I'm still not totally happy. They are slightly better, but not perfect. I have to keep them this week and try to get used to the fact that squares are wider on one side than the other when I look at them!! That will be interesting. I am trying to keep an open mind and get used to them, but it isn't easy. Seven hours of typing and looking at the computer screen on Tuesday should tell the tale. This "old age" business is SO frustrating at times. It is a natural process for our eyes to need assistance to focus as we get older. It may be natural, but it is ANNOYING!!!

Tonight we are going to "Festivale" (www.festivale.com.au) a wine, food and music fest in the park, so that should take my mind of my troubles. We are driving and then walking home afterwards (7km), so the 7km walk, combined with my tramp jogging this morning should make up for the many indulgences I will have tonight!??!!??

Have a lovely weekend everyone

10 comments:

2paw said...

Isn't getting older and having bits of you 'degenerate' a bit of a shock???!! Hope the eyes settle in so to speak. Also hoping for good weather tomorrow.....

Leighanne said...

Have a great time out tonight:)

Chris H said...

What a shame you are not happy with your glasses, I know how it feels when you get a new pair that you just love, so you must be so dissapointed. Enjoy tonight, and the great walk.ahdmj

Wanna_B_slim said...

Ohh I hate new glasses too...
We are going to Festivale tomorrow night... Sat night that is...(if it doesnt rain....)
Go you for walking home!! I have walked home from nights out in the city... yuk... haha..
Not good when you are too far over the limit to drive...
Tomorrow night will be bedlam for taxis also..
hope you had a gr8 night...
Cheers Nannette

chickychriss said...

The festivale looks wonderful - i just checked out the website. Enjoy yourself! You won't have any guilt to deal with after the long walk home, lol..

jen said...

I was soooooooo lucky with my glasses, they felt great and I adjusted within minutes...so here's hoping your eyes "settle" in by Tuesday.

Enjouy your evening, and the walk.

Jen

White Rose Boy said...

I started having to wear reading glasses a couple of years ago. I struggled for ages before I got a pair I was just in denial about getting old.
Its tough if you can't get a pair to suit you really makes you tired when using them.

Zanna said...

Well that would have been a big walk and got rid of any excesses! Re glasses my trouble is I now need them for distance and reading but not the PC so have them off and on like a bloody yoyo! Yours look really good.
Cheers
Z

Em said...

I love the beach too is always a first stop when we go to newcastle...hope you had a wonderful night out

M said...

Look at that weather you have today 23 degrees and sunny. I am sure you are out walking your tail off taking advantage.

I hope you are having a lovely day :)