12 March 2007

Knitting

If you are sick of seeing my knitting - look away now!!!




















I made a short black pair of fingerless gloves (mitts) and a long grey pair this weekend. Both have a different cable pattern. The patterns don't show up well on the photos but do look nice. I know we are still having nice weather, but chilly mornings will soon be here, so I am getting prepared.
I found the patterns at "knitty.com"; a great site with lots of lovely patterns. Thankyou to all those talented designers for sharing their patterns with us.

8 comments:

Sue said...

They look perfect for a cold Tassie autumn!

chickychriss said...

Your knitting, amongst your many other talents, is one of the reasons we all keep coming back...

Have a great week Suzy!

White Rose Boy said...

You certainly love doing your knitting and other crafts.

Anne said...

My mum used to knit socks like that!

Jenny said...

I had a few days of reading to catch up, and laughed at how your posts changed, from a nice summer salad to mitts!!! Oh I remember the cold from when I used to live in Geelong. I must admit I don't miss it being that cold.

I don't mind looking at your knitting - I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. That's a lovely comment about your grandkids, my parents say the same about mine, and it makes me realize that all the hard work, ranting, raving, cajoling, disciplining, is actually working lol......

Health Bites said...

Love the gloves!

2paw said...

Excellent hand warming knitting!! My neck feels the chill so I am wearing my scarves when I walk The Labradors. Obviously one scarf at a time, not all at once......

kathrynoh said...

Brilliant. You are such an inspiration with your knitting, I love seeing your new projects.

If you wanted to try a variation on the mittens, I bought some recently that are fingerless but have a flip over mitten bit that you can fold over and keep your fingers warm.