29 May 2007

Funky cushion cover and the secret


Thanks for all your Birthday and get well wishes. I am better.












It's turning chilly here. A cold and frosty morning today, but a lovely bright day after that.


I had lots of left over novelty yarn from my scarf making days and I decided to knit some cushion covers. The back is black and this is the front. I used a mixture of 8ply and novelty yarns for the front and a strand each of black 8ply acrylic and 8ply "feather" type yarn knitted together for the back. I used size 9mm needles and 32 stitches. I will make some plain black covers and another couple of striped covers. I like to change my cushion covers each winter. These feel nice and cosy and they are a quick project.












"the Secret" by Rhonda Byrne


I bought the book "the Secret" this week. I actually really enjoyed it. I originally wanted to read it to find out what all the "hype" was about.I haven't seen the film. I really think it did me more good than harm. I always try to think positively about things and tend to have a few "moments" where I wish for things to happen and they actually do. I also tend to believe that to a certain extent we make our own luck in life. Maybe I already knew "the secret" and didn't realise it!!??

9 comments:

your daughter said...

I will have to borrow that book. I think we all know the secret. I just wish I had thought to write it down!

Wanna_B_slim said...

Hello there... I have heard alot of good about The Secret...
But have yet to see or read it...
I think it is something I could possibly get some good out of myself. I tend to always be sceptical about everything... Maybe that would convert me...what do you think???

Wanna_B_slim said...

Oh forgot to say i love your cushions... My mum knits and at the moment is knitting singlet/jumper things for orphaned children overseas using up all her leftover wools etc. she is bored now as we have all finished having babies..haha

2paw said...

What a good idea, cover looks great!!It was frosty here this morning: ice on the car and frost on the ground at the dam!!! I can wear all my knitted things though!!

Julie's journey said...

I keep hearing about the Secret. I must admit I read the website and was not convinced but I am prepared to take your word and at least read the book. The funny thing is the address on the website is in a street in Pymble named after DHs grandmothers family. Maybe its a sign!

Chris H said...

I love the cushion covers, I make my own too using different types of material, textures etc.. totally one offs and I love them. I have heard a lot about the book too, but can't be bothered jumping on any bandwagons.... for now anyway. I do believe we are in control to a large extent of our luck in life...and how we live our life has a lot to do with that. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I am!

Anne said...

I looked at the book yesterday and was tempted, probably will go back and get it (at the moment engrossed in Jodi Picoult's lastest book)

Love the cushions, keep wondering what you will come up with next!

Spidey said...

Love that deep purple-violet.

jen said...

mmmmm keep hearing about that book...one of these days it will get the better of me and I'll have to read it!!

Geeeeee your work is gorgeous, some great ideas but unforunately I inheirited none of my mums skills. She knits, crotchets and even sews....not me!!!

Jen