10 May 2007

No nails and more socks


I have nails!
When I was younger I bit my nails quite badly. I have never been able to grow long nails since. They are very soft and often split. I have tried all sorts of remedies from vitamins to paints.I am now trying sunflower seeds. Until my nails start improving -

I have just discovered the French Nail Polish kit.

I know it has been around for years, but sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake.


I now have nails! I know it is an optical illusion, but I love it!
I didn't want long, false nails, I just wanted some nails. I have never been one to spend a lot of money on beauty treatments, and never will, so for under $20 I can have nails for months!






My second pair of socks are almost completed. They are made from Magic Stripes Lion Brand Yarn. The pattern is on the back of the yarn! The yarn is a wool blend and they are machine washable and dryable. The only thing I don't like about knitting socks is finishing the first sock and realising I have to do it all again.

Have a fun weekend everyone!!!

10 comments:

2paw said...

What a great idea: having braces on my teeth cured me!!! When I knit I love the first sock, but some of the magic has gone by the second!! Your socks look great and I have bought some of that wool for a friend's socks so I feel much happier now I see how wonderful they look!!

Chris H said...

Those second ones look even better than the first! Please don't do any more or I will be tempted to do some myself! lol

amanda j said...

We call that second sock syndrome! They look terrific.

Wanna_B_slim said...

Love your Sox...
We need them here in town too.. been terrible weather!!!

jen said...

Love the nails, always bitten mine...but something clicked when I made goal AND now I don't..weird ehhhh?

Love the socks, going to have to talk to my mum...she knits!!!

Jen xx

Zanna said...

Those socks look positively 'toasty'!

Christy_Ann said...

Hey Suzy - thanks for continuing to comment on my blog! Yes, Guy is growing up... he was 18 months the other day!

Loving your new nails. I have always had brittle and peeling nail. So boring. I had the fake acrylic ones for a while there, but the upkeep was time-consuming and expensive. Oh what we girls go through! xx

kathrynoh said...

Wow, I've been thinking about knitting socks and your's are really great. The thought of knitting in a circle scares me.

ArleneWKW said...

I like the socks. Also, I understand how doing the second one of the pair can feel repetitious. Aren't you glad that humans walk on two and not three or four legs? Pretty nails. Mine constantly chip. (But I don't think I have the patience to do what is necessary to make them look so nice.)

Julie's journey said...

I bit my fingernails up until I got engaged. DH wouldnt give me the engagement ring until I stopped. Love the socks. Have caught up with your posts now and have to ask, did the parcel arrive or did I miss that. Fruit chews yum.