21 May 2007

Where do the years go?








I crocheted a little scarf with my leftover Mother's Day wool. I have attached some crystal beads to the end. They don't show up well in the pic though.


I have also started yet another pair of "Magic Stripe" socks. The others washed really well, so I am very happy with the wool.










It is my little boy's 30th Birthday! Cherish your little children - you blink and they are all grown up!
Happy Birthday Dear. Sorry I can't be with you, but I will see you in July, and that is only a matter of weeks away. He doesn't read my blog, so I can safely post this pic without getting into trouble.

12 comments:

kathrynoh said...

Happy birthday to your son. They do grow up so fast, it's scary.

What a lovely scarf.

Chris H said...

Are those my socks???? It's getting darn cold here! Just got home from holidays in Australia today, and it is sooo cold.. want my address??? lol

2paw said...

Very nice scarf!! Yes time certainly does fly, I just don't know where the years go!!!

Wanna_B_slim said...

Happy birthday to your dear son!!!!
Love the scarfe and the sox... need them here at the moment hey!!!

Kate said...

I am so slack, I hardly ever comment but I read every post.

Those socks look just like some my mother in law knitted for me a while ago - same needles and everything.

And I love your scarf, how creative with the beads, beautiful!

Jenny said...

Cool socks!! Now where do I find an order form lol..........

My eldest boy is 10! I can't imagine him 30, but I do know how fast the last ten years have gone........so I will take heed and cherish the time.

Your Daughter! said...

I have never seen that picture before! Where did it come from?

Your scarf is beautiful. You will have to get some more of that yarn, in a different colour.

Spider said...

Cool hobby.

healthbites (mary) said...

You're such a cool, loving mum Suzy and a wonderful woman! :-)

Living to Feel Good said...

My mom just knit me some socks like that for my birthday, but they were all pink. I just love them, they are so soft, and so far holding up really well.

The scarf is lovely! :)

amy said...

you are such an amazing knitter... i still cannot believe how many jumpers you managed to churn out last winter! very talented lady...
hey do you knit fair isle? is it really hard to knit?

missy vas said...

that scarf is just beautiful. you are so talented and a very loving mum - I like that!