25 June 2007

1kg weight - keeping motivated












Today when I was jogging on my tramp with a 1kg weight in each hand I was feeling a bit tired. I finished my 30 minutes and was putting down the weights and I said to myself "you idiot - imagine how tired you would feel if this 2kg of weight was on your body instead of in your hands - at least you can put it down!".

If you are feeling a bit unmotivated in your weight loss or healthier body program just pick up a kilo weight and really feel how heavy it is and imagine how grateful your body will be to be rid of that kilo forever. It works for me!

(here is my new flat screen monitor in the background - I love it! -I'm hoping for a flat screen TV next)

11 comments:

Anne said...

We all have expectations of when starting to lose weight of losing up to a kilo a week, amazing to feel how much a kilo does actually weigh. At WW they have a bag of rocks - it weighs 5 k's and it feels like a ton!

ombites (mary) said...

I totally get this, you're right! At least we can put the weights down :-)

Flat screens are the best. We have a narrow place and getting an LCD screen has really opened it up.

CaramelKitKat said...

It's funny you should mention this as I just took a photo of myself carrying the 25kg I have lost (in the form of Coke cans) and found it hard to move.

Have you seen the sand weights that strap to your wrists and ankles? I think the idea is that you wear them all day to up how hard you muscles have to work with daily activity. A good idea, and worth it just to take them off!

Jenny said...

It's good to remind ourselves of how far we have actually come.

On another note............I think I gave all my knitting needles to St. Vinnies. I would have made some old lady very, very happy. Off to get some more tomorrow.....

Zanna said...

Yes it does make you realise how far you've come - and what you're doing to your internal organs when you're carrying that weight round them! Thanks for your lovely comments.

chickychriss said...

That's a great motivational thought!
Hope you are keeping nice and warm down there in that cold weather.
Sending positive vibes for your dear friend!!

2paw said...

I remember seeing an ad with a woman playing tennis with 10kg of oranges around her neck!!! Keep up the healthy good work!!

Chris H said...

Not a bad idea Suzy, might even give it a try! Though I think I need to lug 2kg weights around!

Living to Feel Good said...

Never thought about that, but that is so true about the weights. Now when I lift my weights I shall think of what you said.
:)

White Rose Boy said...

Its a excellent point you make just so true.

ArleneWKW said...

A good point indeed.

I hope your friend is doing better.

It's fascinating to me to imagine you huddling up to a heater as the afternoon warms up to a predicted 98 degrees.