22 June 2007

Minus 5 degrees this morning!


OK, so winter is here! It was Minus 5 degrees at 7.30 this morning! I didn't sleep well last night but it was so cold that I stayed in bed anyway. At 8am I got up and turned on the local radio and they told me how cold it really is.

I felt like curling up by the heater with my breakfast but I made myself jog on my mini tramp for 30 minutes and that soon warmed me up.

Some of you may have noticed that I had to delete my last post about my favourite TV shows. My profile pic disappeared and I couldn't get it back until I deleted the post. Maybe I had too many photos in the post? Anyway I am back now.

I have been busy doing "I don't know what". Yes, I joined the Library (with dear Grand-daughter's help) and have been watching DVD's, reading and listening to CD's.

I have been working my usual two days a week and for the last two weeks I have been very worried about a dear friend of mine who lives in Adelaide and is in hospital with, as yet unidentified, bleeding into her brain. She is 57 and usually very fit and healthy. She suddenly developed severe headaches and was sent to hospital. She has had various scans and tests and is having a lumbar puncture today. I hope they soon find out what is wrong and can help her quickly. I haven't been able to talk to her because they are keeping her as quiet as possible. I am sending her positive vibes ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ and hope all will be well soon.

7 comments:

Wanna_B_slim said...

Minus 5 isnt good is it....
I am sturggling here with the cold.. I hate it!!!
Hope your friend is on the mend very soon...

Jenny said...

Minus 5............. I guess I won't tell you about our freezing day on Wednesday when it was 17 Degrees lol..........

Hope your friend gets better very soon. That kind of stuff is always so scary.

Julie's journey said...

I went to a bar by that name (minus 5) recently - you poor thing - and no cocktails either! I missed the TV show post and was worried you were ill as I had heard from you since the library post. Am joining with you to send positive vibes to your friend. I dont know how that will work but I am sure it will.
Take care and have a good weekend.t

Chris H said...

ooo that's cold! Sending positive thoughts to your friend, hope she gets better!

jen said...

brrrrrrrrr minus 5 !! Struggling with the cold a bit myself lately, but haven't had it that cold!!

Hope your friend gets better soon.

Jen xx

2paw said...

Hope you are feeloing warmer: we revel in the cold at my house though The Labradors are heater hoggers, they will run through the creek at -1!!! Hope your friend is feeling better soon.

ombites (mary) said...

Yikes, minus 5 sounds too icy for me! I hoep your friend gets better soon too.