03 October 2007

Luck at the Races

DS's horse didn't run a place this time, but I am sure another win isn't far away!








Dear Son has been home for a few days. He spent one night here and shared himself around the rest of the time. It was lovely to see him. On Sunday his horse was racing and DH and I decided to go. We only go to the Races once a year or so. I didn't have a bet on the first race, but by the second race I was in the spirit. I looked at the names of the horses in the race and "Tiny Miss" jumped out at me. DD calls her smallest daughter "Tiny Madam", so I thought it may be an omen. I had a $2.50 each way bet ($5)and ......she won!!! I collected $244!!!!!!

I may buy a webcam or three with my winnings. I don't know much about them, but it would be nice to see the "kids" when we chat.

13 comments:

2paw said...

Tiny Madam is a winner with Tiny Miss, I am glad to see that the horse is well and not EI-ed!!!
I know little about webcams either!!!

rand(om) bites said...

Nice win there Suz, enjoy it! :-)

Jenny said...

Congratulations on your windfall. How cool is that! Alas, I know nothing about web cams either. Have fun.

Matt said...

Winning is wonderful - be it cash or by achieving a goal

Sue said...

The combination of webcams and Skype is just the coolest way to keep up.

Julie's journey said...

Lucky Tassie - still having a spring racing carnival. Well done on the win! 'fraid I cant help with webcams either - being a technophobe and all.

B said...

Well done!!

Wanna_B_slim said...

Ohh how exciting!!! I have a web cam... havent used it in ages.. it isnt very clear tho...
it is a logitech one..but I bought it about 4 years ago.. so they might have improved by now..

Pandora Woman said...

*reads Your blog with growing curiosity as You have dne what I hope to do, AND maintained it*

I will try and get back to your blog now and then, and most certainly try your recipes!

*puts you in my favorites*

White Rose Boy said...

Get that webcam bought, Best thing to do with any winnings is treat oneself.

ArleneWKW said...

As much as I like horses, I've never been to a horse race. I've got to change that one of these days. A webcam sounds like fun.

Zanna, travelling tart, now back in residence said...

Fantastic - look forward to all sorts of new things appearing from the web cam! Agree with Sue that it's brilliant with Skype.

Anne said...

The few times we go to a race meeting, I pick horses by name. Nice windfall for you:-)