26 October 2007

Sugar Monster Lecture











I am having a LOT of trouble with the Sugar Monster lately. He is invading my supermarket trolley and then my cupboards. I must resist him at the supermarket. If I can't find him in my cupboard, I will eat something healthy instead.

I was so motivated and dedicated while I was losing weight and now I am maintaining I am becoming very slack. It is not good. It can't last. I don't have the motivation to take off the weight that will creep back on if I don't stop this habit before it becomes worse.

It does no good to walk 10km one day and then eat packets of lollies the next day.

End of lecture to myself.

9 comments:

B said...

Not eating is tough, I have no willpower when it comes to food, that's my whole trouble. Maybe put the lollies into "single serve" portions in crog bags?

2paw said...

OK, a very nice picture os all the lollies you aren't going to eat. No wonder they are sad!! It is their job to be eaten!!!

White Rose Boy said...

You are honest about the problem so can do something about it.
Ditch the lollies.

Catherine said...

Are you still enjoying your treadmill? I've been away for awhile so have only just caught up with your news. I've often thought about buying one but don't know if it would end up collecting dust (like all my other fitness acquisitions). Does it beat walking outdoors?

Matt said...

Kill the sugar monster or make it walk the treadmill

Chris H said...

Some lollies are Ok, the whole packet is NOT... but you know that sweetie! Try and find a healthy alternative live sugar free lollies!

Jenny said...

You have done so well, and I know you can keep going. Like you said, if there are no lollies in the house, then they can't be eaten. Love your honesty and your focus.

ArleneWKW said...

Maintenance can be very difficult says she (me) who easily got rid of the 65+ lbs and is now battling their return (along with some of their friends). You know the drill . . .
The good thing is that you enjoy your treadmill. If you continue using it, you probably can allow yourself some lollies in moderation - if you can do moderation.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well seems we live quite close to each other..(I think) I think we need to get together and have a sacrificial burning of all the junk that has crept back into our pantries and cupboards that is causing us grief!!!
Come on Suzy we can do this.. we are not going to let this lollie monster get to us... damn.. i better go hide those two ( not one but two) cadbury chunky fruit and nut bars that are in the bottom of my handbag for work.. hehehe