12 November 2007

A beautiful day







It is an absolutely gorgeous day here today. I have been sitting out on the deck this morning reading some old WW, Slimming and Christmas cooking mags. I am feeling much better and, although my cough is still very bad, I feel alive at last.

Looking back at some old recipes I realise I have been very slack lately with my cooking and meal planning. I have just been having the same old stuff and not really making an effort to have a nice lot of healthy variety. The mags (and the sun) have inspired me and I will try to make meals more interesting again.

My verdict on the Dove tanning lotion: I actually like Johnsons Holiday Tan better, for my skin anyway. The nice smell on the other one faded very quickly and left the same old fake tan smell. It also didn't change the colour of my skin that much and wiped off on my clothes. So, I am using my last year's bottles of Johnsons.

8 comments:

Julie's journey said...

I hope you are feeling better. As a brochitis suffer I know how debilitating it can be - all that coughing wears you out. Rest and recuperate.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Least with all the coughing your stomach muscles will be getting a good workout!!! Take care... and yes it was a gorgeous day... we went to Evandale Market yesterday and it was beautiful weather then too!!!!

rand(om) bites said...

Glad you're feeling better and how much does the sun make a difference! Thanks for the tip on the tanning lotion.

Jenny said...

Suzy, I meant to leave you a 'get well soon' message yesterday and then I forgot - sorry. So, today my first missive was to check that you were feeling better. I am glad that you are feeling more 'human' today. I know what you mean about getting slack with food. I have been on a very strict regime and it's really hit home, how much stuff I have let creep back in.

Hope the nice weather stays with you.

Christy_Ann said...

Hi Suzy! Just swung by your blog and glad to hear you are feeling a tad better.

I have a "spring cold" at the moment. Not good. Take care of yourself and make lots of yummy treats!

Me said...

You are so right about how much more energised you feel after being in the sun a little while. Hope it isn't too long before you are well and truly better.

Thanks for reminding me that I also need to have a rethink of my cooking and having the same old same old all the time - maybe I will even dig out some cook books tonight !!!

Take care and look after yourself !
Me

Catherine said...

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I try to plan different, interesting meals too, but sometimes go through stages of "I can't be bothered"!

ArleneWKW said...

I have had the same recent revelation re. using various recipe sources. I got as far as stacking 3 or 4 of them on the kitchen table. For now, I've got the excuse of life intervening, but I fully intend to cook some of my faves + try some new ones in the very near future. I enjoy cooking and probably do better with self discipline when I exercise more thought re. food.

I like your new cat. Cheap upkeep, I imagine.