23 November 2007

Naughty but nice











I made some shortbread. OK, I know it's full of butter, but it is yummy.

This recipe is from a magazine (sorry I don't know which one). I have been tearing out Christmas recipes and keeping them in a folder.

It is the first time I have made shortbread and it actually tastes like real shortbread, so I am quite happy with it.

1 3/4 cups plain flour
2/3 cup of rice flour
2/3 cup of caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
pinch of salt
250grams butter, cubed

Combine dry ingredients. Rub in butter and knead mixture slightly until it mixes together. Chill in fridge for about 20 minutes. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until about 5mm thick and cut into shapes. Bake in 170 degree preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes on trays lined with baking paper. Cool shortbread on baking trays for a minute or so when you take them out of the oven and then finish cooling on racks.

I am addicted to these:










I have also been experimenting with my new little blender. I have a large one but I find it too large to be bothered getting it out to make a pesto or one or two cocktails, so I bought this cheapy and it is GREAT!!

Here I made a yummy mixture of frozen raspberries and some unsweetenened orange juice blended together and mixed in a glass with a large dash of vodka and some soda water.






Oops, maybe I should have finished cooking tea before I actually drank this mixture.........

9 comments:

2paw said...

There is nothoing like home made shortbread. Yours is so beautifully shaped as well!!!I like it with flaked almonds on top, and lemon too. Very nice drink there!!!

White Rose Boy said...

Shortbread is one of my favorites.

Chris H said...

Interesting, Goggle Reader has not been letting me know you have updated..GRRRR! Anyways... I love shortbread too, but havn't had any in years!!! I don't think I better try baking it myself, might do it all the time! Have a neat weekend Suzy!

rand(om) bites said...

Mmm...cocktails. Might have to try that one Suz!

Me said...

I love shortbread but dare not attempt to make it otherwise I would land up eating it all too !!! I don't even buy it because it is too tempting to have around.

Have a great weekend !
Me

Sarah said...

ohhh yum shortbread!! delish

B said...

My Dad makes great shortbread, he uses a recipe of his father's who was a baker in Scotland.
That cocktail looks good, but i'm vowing never to drink again after my weekend in the Valley!!
;0)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm
I am a corn chip addict too.. but I can only have the green packet.. and they dont do them in xmas trees...boohoo...
Have a wonderful christmas... I get two weeks of... so possibly if you arent away we could meet up for coffee...

Jadey 0:-) said...

that looks great! I believe they mix like Raspberry cordial or softdrink with orange juice and vodka to make a vodka sunrise which is terribly yummy too