06 November 2007

Zipping to win the Cup


I should be at work today, but I have a bad cold. It started with a terribly sore throat for the last couple of days and now I have a temperature and a cold. I will make up the time at work later in the week, so all is well there.
Anyway, now I can watch the Melbourne Cup. I dragged myself down to the TOTE and put on a couple of bets - Zipping, Maybe Better and Douro Valley. So here's hoping .............

Oh no! Maybe better was just scratched. Oh well, money back on that one.

Woops! 4th and 11th. Oh well. It was a great race to watch.

12 comments:

rand(om) bites said...

I hope you feel better soon Suzy!

Chris H said...

I hope your boss doesn't this you skivved off to watch the races!!! I hope you feel better soon mate.

Catherine said...

Sorry to hear you're not well. I hope you get better really soon.

White Rose Boy said...

Hope you are soon better.

Take Care.

Zanna, travelling tart, now back in residence said...

Don't know where I ended up - got Blue Monday in one of the work sweeps - obviously not anywhere excting. Hope you feel better soon
Z xx

Anne said...

Can't believe we 'forgot' it was on. Was going to take No 4 as I normally do, but heard it was scratched so saved a couple of dollars.

Hope your cold is soon gone!

Julie's journey said...

Feel better soon! My pick "The Fuzz" in honour of daughter was scratched too - rats.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Suzy...
Bummer that you didnt pick a winner for the race...
I usually do mix my own scotch with diet dry.. but I figured for the camping trip cans were a better option.. will think twice next time.. well after I drink the remaining half a carton I left behind... oops...

your daughter said...

Ooh, poor you! I didn't know your cold had progressed!

Hope you are feeling better.

Cathy said...

Hope you are well on the way to recovery now

Good race wasn't it. Loved how the winner ( Efficient) came zooming up the outside right at the last minute

Me said...

I hope you are feeling much better by now - take care and look after yourself !
Me

jen said...

Hope you feeling better.

The cup was a good race, my horses got nowhere too!!