14 January 2008

Mountain Bread


White bread and rolls had been creeping back in my daily food intake. The more bread I eat, the more I want. I decided to try these wraps instead and I really like them. I usually fill one full of salad and a dash of light cream cheese.
The other night I made some lovely baked chicken parcels:
1/2 a wrap
1 chicken thigh fillet
1 teaspoon cranberry sauce
sprinkle of grated parmesan.
Top the chicken with cranberry sauce and cheese. Place the chicken on the wrap and carefully roll into a parcel. Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in 200 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Delish! Just tastes like really thin pastry around the chicken.
Thanks for all your comments about my mushroom problem. I will let you know what the Dr says, when I go. In the meantime, I am VERY careful what I eat when I go out.
We had a lovely time at the Wedding on Saturday. Danced the night away - very good exercise!

3 comments:

rand(om) bites said...

Oh yum and they great for homemade pizzas as well. Healthy alternative to bread for sure!

Em said...

I luv mountain bread .....so many uses for it ......hope your dr gets to the bottom of your mushroom problem ..really scary reading your post...take care

Me said...

Thanks for a great idea for a different lunch at work.

Take care and look after yourself !
Me