22 January 2008

A new stove

My new stove











Old stove












My 1960's kitchen has a new stove! On Christmas Eve my old oven door broke. DH and I rushed into town and bought a large George Foreman roaster to fit the Christmas turkey. I have a small George and I love him, so now I have a large one I can cook two chickens or a whole leg of lamb or a turkey in him if I need to.

We knew we wouldn't be able to get an electrician before Christmas, so George gave us time to choose a new stove and organise the installation.

My new Westinghouse is here. It has a fan forced oven, separate griller, automatic timer and a beautiful ceramic glass cooktop. I re-painted the white around the kitchen cupboards and DH put all new nice shiny knobs on the cupboards for me and I almost have a new kitchen!

Of course the stove is too nice and new and clean to ever cook on it or in it, so I will just admire it for a few days and have takeaway.

Only joking!! I have cooked some vegies on top and I am using the oven tonight.

I do keep dusting it and polishing it. I realised today that I have NEVER had a new stove before, so I am very happy.

11 comments:

2paw said...

Does it still have that New Stove smell???!!! That's great, and you have showed such restraint in waiting for an excellent outcome!!!

Zanna, travelling tart, back home in Central Queensland said...

How lovely - enjoy your new stove - I got a new one a couple of years ago when we renovated the kitchen - and I love the ceramic hob - so much easier to keep clean. Oh and I'm a George fan too but only have the griller so far but you're tempting me! Z xx

Me said...

YAY for a new stove - here's to many happy hours using it !!!
Have a great week and good cooking good looking !
Me

kathrynoh said...

Cool, happy cooking :D

Mick said...

"Happy New Stove"

Shouldn't have waited so long for an Electrician though, all it would have cost you was air fare from England, a room for a couple of weeks at the best hotel in town and I'd have come over and wired it for nothing. lol.

Chris H said...

How cool! we got a new stove last year and like you I didn't want to use it in case I got it dirty too! very funny.

Anne said...

I also love the ceramic top - only your story about your stove breaking down before Christmas reminded me of how I dropped something on our ceramic top one Christmas Eve and it shattered!!! don't worry though as this is the only one I've heard of that happening to!

rand(om) bites said...

I love new things in the kitchen. it makes me find more yummy things to cook!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Love it.. hey thats not fair.. I got the new kitchen but had to keep the old stove... and you got the new one!!!
Maybe if I break the oven door.... hmmmm haha...
Hope you are enjoying the lovely weather.... what are you up to for the long weekend????

Em said...

LOL@ not going to use it ....always good to have nice new things.. miss 20 bought me some lovely silver earings last year , up until then I had always been a gold person too... hope you have a lovely long weekend

Doug Bagley said...

Nothing like the smell of something fresh baking in the oven!