23 February 2008

I went out to lunch and I accidently met........












Nannette - Wanna - WannaBslim (http://wannabslim.blogspot.com/)


I had gone out to lunch with some old work friends. We were nearly finished and I saw two people come in to the restaurant. I thought I knew them. OMG I thought, is that Nannette and her DH, Mark. I couldn't tell anyone - they don't know about my blog. I just waited till my friends said their goodbyes and I bravely went over and grinned at this gorgeous girl, who I hoped was "wanna", cause if she wasn't she would wonder who this nutcase was who was grinning at her like a cheshire cat. I asked her if she was Nannette. Yes!

She wasn't sure who I was until I told her. She and Mark then recognised me and we had a laugh and a chat. We didn't have a camera. I let them get on with their lunch and I walked home.My house is only a short distance away. While I was walking I decided it really needed to be a "kodak moment" and as we had originally found each other (as bloggers do) in cyberspace, our first real meeting needed to be recorded. I drove back with my camera and Mark took a photo and we had a longer chat.

It was lovely to meet them. They are both really nice and Nannette is gorgeous!

13 comments:

M said...

It was wonderful to meet you Suzy. And we will have to do it again, and yes Nannette is gorgeous but I am biased

Leighanne said...

How cool!!!
especially just bumping in to her like that:)

Zanna, travelling tart, back home in Central Queensland said...

How fantastic - isn't it just great to actually meet people you've been 'talking' to for ages. I loved meeting Chris H, Anne and Leanne in NZ last year. And you too both look brilliant. Z xx

rand(om) bites said...

Aww, that's such a cool story - love the photo of you both too :-)

2paw said...

How exciting!! Isn't that a lovely chance meeting!!!

Chantel said...

What a cute story!

Well done on returning to take a photo and not letting the moment pass you by :)

ArleneWKW said...

Very cool, especially since it was accidental.

Suzy, I very much appreciated your comment on my recent post. It made me feel wonderful to know that you've been checking my blog despite my 6 week absence.

Congratulations on two years of maintenance.

Chris H said...

How cool to meet up with Wanna and Mark! Wish I'd been there too!

jen said...

What a lovely pic....what a lovely chance meeting.

Mick (WRB) said...

Thats really cool just bumping into each other like that. I've been lucky enough to meet 4 online friends but 3 were all arranged meetings and the other was why we are now online friends.
You did right getting the camera, you look great together.

Anne said...

Amazing - she does look gorgeous, you both do!

Living to Feel Good said...

Oh how cool!!!! Lovely picture!! :)

Em said...

How exciting that must have been ..