25 February 2008

Wow! I made some sushi!























I bought a sushi mat the other day. I have never attempted to make sushi before. It was great fun (apart from when my rice cooker - my favourite kitchen gadget - decided to die and I had to cook the rice in a saucepan). They turned out well.

I spread the seaweed with:

Cooked and cooled short grain rice to which I had added a splash of rice wine vinegar, some black pepper and some juice of a lime and a sprinkle of sugar.

Long fresh Tasmanian garden pea sprouts.

Slithers of yummy Tasmanian smoked salmon.

A dab of home-made low fat mayo drizzled along the top.

All rolled up with my sushi mat and voila .....






Who needs to go to the sushi takeaway shop - not me!!!!!









I found a lamp base on ebay and it arrived today. I love it! So happy - base $17.50 (including postage) and leadlight shade from the market for $4. (It is actually dark pink glass - this is not a good pic, but you get the idea).

8 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohhh arent you a clever lady.... I could just about eat that sort of sushi... I have never been one for raw fish etc.. used to make me cringe... but my tastes are changing in my old age.. hahaha
Love the lamp base too.. gr8 find...

Zanna, travelling tart, back home in Central Queensland said...

Oh what a smart 'cookie' (pardon the pun) you are. Looks scrumptious and I just looove sushi. Like the lamp too! Z xx

Anne said...

I must give it a go!! I love sushi, has to be my favourite food.

Great find with the lamp as well!!

Em said...

Here I am crawling out from under my rock yet again ..have never tried sushi ...... I like the lamp x

rand(om) bites said...

I like the lamp and sushi, good on you Suzy! I've always been worried I would stuff it up. Now I feel like eating some...

Jenny said...

OOooh, the sushi looks yummy. I have eaten it once, and can't remember much, except that the seaweed tastes 'interesting'. MMMMmmmm, maybe I need to try and make some, your's sure do look yummy. Your lamp is gorgeous. How cool running into Nanette, so glad you went back and got your camera. Hope you are well.

Chris H said...

Clever tart~! Hate sushi though! Nice buy was the lamp!

Jadey 0:-) said...

Rice is really easy to cook in the microwave. Quick and turns out just as well too without the issues of standing over the stove or risks of burnt pots etc. The sushi looks great!