02 March 2008

More cushions and a cheesecake slice







I have made some cushion covers with my yoyos.






I also made a yummy citrus cheesecake slice. The recipe is basically on the Nestle skim condensed milk tin, but I added half a sachet of Aeroplane JellyLite Lime Lemon flavour, instead of the gelatine. I also left out the egg whites as I don't believe in using raw eggs (not just because of the recent publicity about salmonella, I have always been wary of raw eggs). This meant the cheesecake wasn't as high as normal, but I called it a cheesecake slice and it tastes delicious.














125g plain sweet biscuits crushed
60g olive grove margarine (or low fat spread)
250g light cream cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
400g of skim sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 teaspoon orange rind
1 sachet of lemon lime lite jelly crystals (9grams)
1 or two passionfruit


Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter and press into a lined tin or I used a glass pie dish. (I added a little orange juice as well) refrigerate until firm
Beat cream cheese until smooth, add cream, condensed milk, orange juice,lemon juice, orange rind and jelly crystals and beat until combined. Pour over chilled biscuit base.
Swirl some passionfruit over the top.

Refrigerate intil set.

The next time I made it in a square tin. (I then cut it in slices and froze half, so I didn't eat it straight away. It froze well for a few weeks)

DH is on holidays for a couple of weeks so I probably won't have much blogging time. Take care everyone and I'll catch up with you as soon as I can xx

7 comments:

Chris H said...

My mouth is watering just looking at it! Sounds devine, but I think I better NOT make it!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Sounds yummy... I bought myse4lf some gluten free kids cookies so I can make a hedgehog slice... I oh so dealy miss it.... I am waiting to try it as I am having enough trouble trying to get back on track.. without having that in the fridge to eat!!!!
Enjoy your time with your hubby.. Holidays just fly by...

Jenny said...

Suzy, that looks delicious. But I think best admired from afar. Hope you enjoy your time while dh is home.

2paw said...

Lovely cushion!!
That's a good recipe, I usually make baked cheesecakes so I never worry about the raw eggs.
Hope the holiday time is very enjoyable!!!

Em said...

Ahhhh looks absolutely scrumptious..wont be making it though as am the only one who would eat it ...not a good thought.....wow how lovely your cushion looks ...take care x

Mick said...

Sounds great, Cheesecake is a particular favorite of mine. Actually I can't resist it when spotted on a menu.

Living to Feel Good said...

I love what you did with the quilt yoyo pieces!! So cute!! :)