21 April 2008

Back in the land of the living

I'm much better. Thankyou for caring.


Thank goodness the anti-viral medication kicked in straight away and the pain went away yesterday. My face is slightly numb and still slightly swollen. The rash is almost gone. I have to take the tablets for seven days.

My advice to anyone who has a sudden severely painful rash or pain in the eye - go straight to the Doctor! I usually tend to put off going to a Dr for as long as possible, but something told me to go quickly this time and I am so glad that I did. If I every hear of anyone having Shingles again, I will certainly sympathise with them. The pain was almost unbearable.

Anyway - on to happier things..

I have been storing my bath bomb ingredients, essential oils etc. in a basket in the laundry. Our cat sleeps in the laundry at night. Our cat is an outside cat and is usually quite manic at times. In fact, I'm sure she sometimes thinks she is a guard dog.





Anyway, every morning I feed her and let her out of the laundry and she usually eats and then rushes out and clambers up the nearest fence, sharpens her claws and dashes about the yard like a maniac.

Since the oils have been in the laundry - not only does the laundry smell gorgeous - our cat is serene, calm and nothing like her usual manic self.

I thought I had discovered a new business for myself - Aromatherapy for pets - alas, a quick google search made me realise I'm too slow on the uptake and it has all been done before.






9 comments:

2paw said...

Glad you are feeling better now!! What a lovely story about your cat!! I used to have essential oils in a burner at school near the end of the year: lavender or tea tree or something like that to calm or enhance!!

Zanna, travelling tart, back home in Central Queensland said...

Great to hear you're feeling a bit better. Z xx

rand(om) bites said...

I used to think oils and all that smelt nice but was just hippy sh*t. Now, I'm a big believer of it's use as therapy. It's getting me through my exam stress! It calms my cats too :-)

Chris H said...

glad to hear you are feeling a lot better. Good news about your maniac cat too! Wonder if those oils etc would work on Griffin! LOL

Anne said...

Ohhh... Just caught up on the shingles, not good. Peter got them about 20 years ago in his eye as well, medication wasn't so good then and he said the pain was unbearable. Glad you are feeling better.

jen said...

So glad you feeling better....shingles I had while pregnant with daughter, never again do I want that kind of pain again!!

Wonder if using oils would help me?

Jen

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

ahhh I am glad your cat has calmed down ... haha
Hope you are well and truely on the mend now... what do you think of this bloody rain!! I hate it coz it stops us from going out on our bikes...
But I guess it is good as this house needs a good spring clean... decluttering big time!!!

Jenny said...

Hi Suzy, lovely to read that you are feeling much brighter. It sounds like it was just horrid - you poor thing. Love the story about your psycho cat.....very funny. It actually shows that they do indeed work.

Em said...

Am so glad your feeling better, my brother had shingles and can still remember how much pain he was in.....might try the oil on Fee Fee our maniac cat....have a great week