19 May 2008

AWOL

Long time no blogging ......

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. I did. Had a lovely breakfast with Dear Daughter and family and received lovely hand knitted socks, DVD voucher and lipstick - truly spoilt. Received some lovely pjamas in the mail from Dear Son. Took MIL out to lunch and generally had a lazy day.












I've been knitting still. These are more fingerless gloves for me. I also knitted gloves and two headbands for Dear Grand-daughter (almost 15) and gloves and a headband for Dear Little Grand-daughter (5)and gloves for Dear Daughter.













I've also been playing with my newest gadget - Sunbeam Pie Magic 4 - makes 4 pies. These were curried chicken - made with left over last night's roast chicken (cooked in George Roaster) mixed with white sauce, curry, peas and corn. Yummo! The pies only take a small amount of pastry and I use low fat puff pastry sheets. Guilt free pies as far as I'm concerned.

Guess what!!

I've been blogging for THREE YEARS!!!!!!

Thankyou for keeping in touch with me for all those years!

On the health front:

Not good I'm afraid.

I won't go into too much detail, except to say there has been yet another diagnosis for my ailments - Polymyalgia Rheumatica - I have an appointment with a Physician on the 1st of July. My symptoms of pain and inability to move much more than a short walk and basic housework remain. One of my blood tests was abnormal - pointing towards this diagnosis - I remain sceptical - I don't want to take Corticosteroids unless absolutely essential, due to side effects. I know no-one really wants to take them and I know that I may have to take them.
I have often tried to leave supportive comments to some of my blogging friends who have an arthritic condition without truly realising what they are going through - I now know.

It's my Birthday later in the week. DH is taking me to a nice little resort/retreat for the night. I'm really looking forward to it.

Take care everyone. xx

11 comments:

Melinda said...

So sorry to hear of your health problems, Suzie. I hope you get some answers in July....seems a long time to wait!
Pleased you had such a lovely Mothers Day as did I.
Love seeing all your latest knitting creations.
I have been looking for one of those pie makers for yonks and thought they must have gone out of production....will now have to look a bit harder!

Chris H said...

Glad you had a nice Mothers Day... you have been a busy knitter! I have my fingers crossed you don't have the arthritis mate. I hope you have a wonderful birthday during the week.

Jenny said...

Dear Suzy - you poor thing. I am sorry to read that you are in pain. Living with pain is hard work and quite debilitating. I hope you get some answers soon, and hopefully before July. Your Mothers Day sounds lovely, it's nice having a close family. Enjoy yourself at your little resort, it sounds like you could use some TLC. Happy Birthday. Please keep us posted as to how you are going.

Me said...

Ditto what everyone else said - so sorry to hear of your health problems. I hope that they are able to find out the problem soon - I always think that not knowing is the worst and once you know and can deal with the situation, it always seems more bearable. Lotsa positive energy coming your way from Sunny Queensland !

I hope you have a fantastic birthday later on this week - you deserve it !!!

Take care and look after yourself.
Me

2paw said...

I am very sorry to read you are not well, and that you will have to wait so long. Hope you find some relief soon. On the 'leaving a comment but feeling inadequate' front, I think that the people would have felt very cheered up by your words. I reckon you like reading our comments, and I know I like reading mine too. Be happy!!!
Glad to read you had such a nice Mothers' Day, and nice knitting and even nicer pies!!!!

Anne said...

Sorry to hear of the diagnosis. Our daughter was diagnosed with arthritis a couple of years ago. Then it just went?? Strange.

Mick said...

Sorry to hear about your health problems hopfully they can sort something out so you get relief from the aches & pains.

Take Care

Julie's journey said...

Any sort of arthritis is not fun so I hope that you dont have it or have to take the medications because sometimes I wonder if the side effects are worth it. On a lighter note I have a pair of fingerless gloves (not handknitted) that I wear to work. They let me type and do things that normal gloves dont. Hope you have a great birthday.

ArleneWKW said...

Having all that pain is awful and the way it limits what you can do is a major loss. I hope that your problem is finally and properly diagnosed so that you can receive the treatment that you need. Those pies look yummy. I tried reaching in the computer for a taste.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

So sorry to hear you arent well Suzy.... This blasted cold weather wouldnt be helping either!!!
Enjoy your time away with your man..ahhhh how romantic!!
Happy Birthday too!!!

jen said...

So sorry to hear things aren't good as far as your health goes, fingers crossed that you get some good answers in July!!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy the retreat with hubby, sounds lovely.