13 June 2008

Your wish is my command












My Dear Grandson is a lovely boy. He is a very sensible, sensitive, intelligent eight year old. He doesn't ever ask me for anything. Lately I have been knitting little things for the girls and I asked him if he would like me to make him something. "I would love a Star Wars library bag Granny".
Eeek!
I started by trying to transfer some pics onto a plain bag with T-shirt transfer paper - my colour cartridge ran out in the middle of it and I ended up with a big mess. - bag ruined.
I searched for Star Wars fabric in town and couldn't find any. Then I tried good old Ebay. Sure enough, there it was. I bought just enough to make a bag and it came really quickly. I already had some cord and some black material to line the bag. I hope he likes it. I'm sure he will. He will probably say - "Oh, that's cool Granny".

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Well done Suzy... I am sure your grandson will love it!

Zanna, travelling tart, back home in Central Queensland said...

There's something so special about grandsons - or maybe I'm biased - having only sons and grandsons! Bet he's thrilled to bits. Z xx

Mick said...

I reckon it must be good having a talented Grandmother. Good job done Suzy.

ArleneWKW said...

Cool looking bag Suzy. I've never tried ebay, but generally I'm able to find what I'm looking for somewhere on the web - except for one thing, a basic book with pictures of flowers and there names. Your grandson is lucky to have a grandma who makes nice things for him.

Elisa said...

Hi Suzy,
Just thought I would drop in and say "hi". I still come and read your blog and you still are an inspiration to my weight loss journey (put on hold at the moment)...

Jenny said...

Suzy, that bag looks great. I always wish I'd had a Granny when I was growing up - your grandson is lucky.

Hope you are feeling well again.

Me said...

What a lucky grandson you have - I am sure he will love his Star Wars library bag !!
Me

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Good ol ebay to the rescue... Hope you are feeling better Suzy...

2paw said...

You are very cool as well. What a great bag!!!