21 November 2008

More sewing















More sewing - Skirts and a vintage look apron.


Recently my Dear Eldest Grand-daughter wrote an amazing essay which was one of the winning entries in a competition to go to Galipolli, France and Belgium next year for 12 nights,attending the dawn service on ANZAC day at ANZAC Cove. We are very proud of her and she deserves her wonderful prize.


Last week she was successful in becoming a Prefect at her School. Once again we are SO proud. I can't believe she will be in Grade 10 next year - where do the years go???!!


DEAR DAUGHTER
It seems like only the other day that her mother (my daughter) was a little girl and now she is a wonderful Teacher with three children of her own.

6 comments:

M said...

Congratulations on the achievements of your Granddaughter. She sounds like a wonderful girl who is growing up to be just like her Grandma :)

I LOVE your vintage look apron. I can't wait to start sewing again. When Mum passed I asked Dad if I could have her machine and cabinet and all her bits and pieces. Mum taught me how to sew and knit and I have my love of craft from her. So a couple of months ago Dad surprised us by driving over from Adelaide and he brought the machine with him. :) :) When I have finished my chore list don't be surprised if I start asking you for advice LOL

Julie's journey said...

Well I know where your grand daughter gets her talent from. Such a wonderful gift to be able to write and what a wonderful prize.

You are certainly incredibly busy being creative. I am a little green.

rand(om) bites said...

I love how creative you are Suzy and I love how proud you are of your children and grandchildren :-)

Cinders said...

That is fantastic, a huge achievement. That certainly will be a trip to remember.

Zanna, travelling tart, back in Oz said...

How lovely to see you back.
Didnt realise you were until I saw your comment on Julies blog. Hope things are much better in your world now Z xx

jen said...

Wonderful to see you back....
The years certainly do roll on by so quickly...
You are very creative...love the colours...