02 January 2009

New Year, New Me



Happy 2009!!!!

I had a lovely Christmas. It's hard to believe it is over for another year.

Today I dusted off my treadmill and walked for 20 minutes. I have decided that I may be waiting forever if I wait until I have no pain, so New Year, new start. I will walk for at least 20 minutes on the treadmill on all days that I'm not working. When I am working I now have to park my car a long way from work and walk, as we are doing renovations and there is no close parking.

All the Christmas goodies are now eaten and it is time to get back into more healthy eating. It is hard to be inspired to have salads here at the moment because the weather hasn't been good, but nevertheless I really need to start eating more fruit and vegies and salads again.

Let's all inspire each other to make 2009 a happy, healthy year ;-)

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Hope the weather picks up so you can enjoy all those salads!

jen said...

Its very hot here and salads and fruit AND lots of water is easy for me luckily. But I with you Suzy...this inspire to inspire each other.

Me said...

Sorry to hear that the weather is not too good down there - it is so hot here I really can't be bothered to eat anything - most days we only seem to eat two meals a day. Not good I know but between being busy with things and the heat - I just can't be bothered. Must try to do better from next week.
Take care and have a great day !
Me

M said...

I think it is a great plan to walk on the treadmill. It is hard to get past the pain but all too often weeks, and months go past and we realise that nothing has changed!

Yumm, fruit and salads. I actually love them, just need to make sure they are in the fridge :)

I am inspired ;)

rand(om) bites said...

Haha, "all the Christmas goodies are now eaten...". I only just said the same thing the other day LOL. Cheers to a New Year! :-)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

The weather sure has been ordinary hasnt it!!!
Hope you dont aggrivate the pain thru doing the right thing and exercising!
I am about to embark on a 12 week challenge...so I am thinking about time I moved my butt and exercised too!

Julie's journey said...

Happy New Years to you too!
Congratulations for restarting your exercise. I know pain is a bummer especially when you miss exercising. Just remember - take it slowly.

Zanna, travelling tart, back in Oz said...

Happy new year to you too and hoping that you find some improvement in the pain youve been having. Good on you for starting the exercise anyway - hopefully it might eventually help manage the pain. Take care Love Z xx

Me said...

Hope you are OK Suzy - take care and be good !
Me