28 February 2009

Market finds and more spots
















I have finally used all the spotty fabric - I only bought 2 metres for a total of $16 and I made:
1 skirt
1 bag
1 purse
2 tissue holders
2 hair clips and 4 other covered buttons - one of which I used for my bag closure.

I had some left over floral fabric for the lining of the bag and also some wadding. I made up the pattern.

I found a couple of cute little things at the local market a few weeks ago. A lovely china heart, which I washed and filled with pot pourri and put new ribbon on it and it is hanging up and making my clothes smell nice. I also found this little pepper pot. I actually have a collection of Royal Doulton Roses china, so I love cream or white china with little roses on. These aren't doulton, but are pretty and only cost me $2 each.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

I just love the bag! I must find a pattern so I can give it a go.... once I've finished Brylee's quilt that is!

Zanna, travelling tart, back in Oz said...

Geez you are such a clever girl. Have the shingles ( or their left overs) settled down now?

Me said...

That bag is lovely !!!!