01 February 2010

Yummy Apple Tea Cake






I made an Apple Tea Cake today. I am trying to lose some extra kilos that piled on over Christmas but as always happens when I am thinking too much about food I had a craving for some cake. This was quite yummy. I found the recipe here:

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Apple-Tea-Cake-L1155.html

Some people said they doubled the recipe, but I made the recipe as it was written and it was great.




At the end of last year I knit a shawl with my leftover Bamboo and this cardigan from some Patons Washed Haze cotton. I love the cardigan pattern. It is called "Radiate" and is a free pattern on Ravelry. It is so comfortable to wear.





I also crocheted a dress for myself and wore it to my work Christmas Party. I made up the pattern after finally teaching myself to crochet something more than granny squares. I found some great left-handed crochet video tutorials.
I was lucky enough to find an old dress at the Op Shop to wear under it as a slip. It was the exact colour I needed. It is amazing what you can find if you wish hard enough for it!

1 comment:

jen said...

wowwwwwww that dress is gorgeous, I love it ! Well done.

Love the cake, will be trying out that recipe.