14 February 2010

Yummy pizza dough










This is a great recipe for pizza dough. I mixed it in my Breadmaker on the pizza dough setting (45 minutes). I haven't tried mixing it by hand, but others have.

2 cups plain flour
1 sachet (7g) of dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup warm tap water


My pizza tomato sauce -makes 2 pizzas

6 small tomatoes or 4 large, all sliced up
2 cloves of garlic crushed
chopped or dried oregano
pepper, salt and sugar to taste
2 sachets of tomato paste (or 2 tablespoons)
chopped onion (or onion flakes)
- all mixed together and added to a hot pan with a small amount of olive oil and a teaspoon of butter. Simmered until tomatoes as soft and then strained through a strainer to remove tomato skins.



Now to make dough:
I sprinked yeast in first, then added dry ingredients and then olive oil and lastly water. Set the machine and waited.

When it was finished I took out dough and halved it. Rolled each half into a ball (with floury hands) then stretched each ball out into a round pizza shape. I had to give them a little roll with a flour covered rolling pin, as I wanted a fairly thin base. Prick the pizza base all over with a fork.

I topped the pizza dough with my tomato sauce and:
for my pizza:
some Low Fat Cottage Cheese with onion and chives, 2 slices of turkey diced, black olives, sliced red capsicum, dried oregano, spinach leaves, a small amount of BBQ sauce drizzled over and grated parmesan cheese on top.

Bake in a very hot oven for about 15 minutes (mine is fan forced - 220 to 230degrees C). The base is quite light. Much nicer than the frozen bases you can buy ready made.

YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear husband will make his own high fat version with tomato sauce, lots of ham, lots of hot and mild salami, black olives and cart loads of cheese. That will make him very happy.

1 comment:

jen said...

ohhh I must try that....I love pizza.