08 October 2010

Half our house is tiled





Here is the back of our house. The tilers are working at the moment.

I have been busy trying to choose kitchen colours. I'm thinking white cupboards and Laminex Diamond Gloss "Kashmir" granite look benchtop and grey Laminex Metaline splashbacks (well that's today, tomorrow I will probably want black laminate benches). We are having Tasmanian Oak floorboards in all the kitchen, dining and living areas and in the lounge room. The bathrooms and laundry are all white with dark grey shiny floor tiles (dark grey grouting), white wall tiles (pale grey grouting). The bedrooms will have dark grey carpet. All the rooms are being painted Dulux China White except bathrooms and laundry and they are White white.




















Our carpet shop owner is also an interior designer and he was showing me some floor rugs for the lounge room. I have always had carpet and traditional rugs in the past, but he showed me a luxurious shag pile rug and I actually fell in love with it! I am not deciding on one until all our furniture is placed and he will send some home with me to choose the one I like.




We have bought a Tasmanian Blackwood dining suite the same as this one. It has black leather seats. This is a picture of one (not ours, ignore the rug and the cupboard).


We also bought a black leather chaise the same as this one (ignore background, not ours). We have a two seater lounge suite but will have more room for this as well.

I really can't wait to have my own house again. It will be so wonderful. I will never, ever move again (remind me of this in the future please)!!!!!

P.S. Did I tell you I have officially retired from work (again)??? Long story........

3 comments:

jen said...

ohhh wow...its full speed ahead.
Love the lounge...would love new furniture myself...but want to travel more too !

Chris H said...

OOO love the new furniture... and can't wait to see the finished home.

Julie's journey said...

Sounds wonderful. I went grey and white when we did our bathroom etc last year. It still looks wonderful a year later!