14 February 2011

Settling in at last



We moved in to our new house on the 22nd of December, 2010. I love it!! It is really peaceful. We have been very busy growing a front lawn and starting a garden.


I have two siamese fighting fish (Howard and Harold) and just bought two Silver Laced Wyandotte chickens!(Maisie and Mary) Fresh eggs in a few months!







Barry budgie is still with us (he is about 7 years old). Next will be a kitten, once we are more established.





We have two more raised beds still in their boxes. I will plant peas, beans and carrots in them. We bought a tumbling composter, so hopefully we will have some lovely compost for the garden beds. The back lawn hasn't grown well yet. We may have to re-sow it during cooler weather. The front lawn survived by me watering it blade by blade morning and night for days.
There hasn't been much time for knitting, but it has been lovely to have a home again. My new oven is great for biscuits and cakes and I am TOTALLY in love with my dishwasher. I haven't ever used one before. Now I know how the other half live!!

Hope all is well in your World. xx

2 comments:

skinny latte said...

Oh Suzy, what a beautiful home it is!! I wish you many happy years there. It must be wonderful to have your own place again. And I love your chickens!

More pics please! x

Julie's journey said...

Suzy so jealous about the chickens. Keep asking for some but am not making any headway with the resistance I am meeting. Where is his sense of adventure!