06 March 2011

Silver Laced Wyandottes, Lemonade Scones and knitting

Maisie and Mary the Silver Laced Wyandottes are growing fast. Maisie is much larger though as she is really greedy and tries to eat everything before Mary can have any. I'm still hoping she isn't Maxwell instead of Maisie!


























I finally finished a hat that I have been knitting for dear eldest grand-daughter. Looks like we will need to get our winter woollies out soon. We have had a cold couple of mornings the last few days. Yesterday was a frost!!









These Lemonade Scones were so light and yummy.

4 cups Self Raising Flour
300mls Lemonade (carbonated)
300mls thickened cream
pinch of salt

Whipped sweetened cream. Raspberry Jam.

Sift flour and salt. Make a well in the flour and salt, mix in the Lemonade and cream with a knife. Turn out on to floured board and roll lightly. Cut out scones and bake in a 210 degree celcius fan forced oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Split and top with raspberry jam and whipped sweetened cream.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

OK... I'm off to find some lemonade and cream!
heck they look delicious!

jen said...

Yummmmmmmmmmo I lurve scones and look sooooooooo deeeeeeeeelicious!

Just come back from your beautiful Tassie, was there for nearly a month, just a beautiful place. Where are you Suzy...would have been nice to have said hullo.

Julie's journey said...

I feel like the ninja poster. You dont hear from me in months and I pop up everywhere finally. I love the scones. They are always my first choice of afternoon tea, morning tea or whenever. Cream is a no no nowadays but sometimes I think what the hell - it will only be a small rash and I love dairy so much. Always the way isnt it.