10 January 2012

Never bored at home

I don't think I could ever get bored at home. I always find so much to do. It may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but I am a happy homebody.


Here is my first sunflower dancing in the wind. I only planted three and they are gorgeous! I want to collect the seeds and plant lots more next time.






I have been eating three or four strawberries from our garden every morning with yoghurt for breakfast. They have grown so well. I picked a large cup full on Sunday and made a jar of Strawberry Jam for DH. He doesn't eat them raw but loves Strawberry Jam. I would much rather eat them straight from the garden, but he was happy.





One really hot day last week I made myself a yummy yoghurt soft serve with blended frozen raspberries and plain yoghurt in a sugar cone. YUMMO!!!




My feet have been getting very dry from being outside in the garden with sandals on, so I made a batch of tiny heart bath salts to soak my feet in. I have been using them every day and my feet are almost back to normal.
I had the hearts drying on a cake cooler and DH came home and I caught him about to eat one. He thought they were blue marshmallows! He never knows what to expect in my kitchen!

4 comments:

Me said...

Happy 2012 - wishing you everything you wish for yourself in 2012 !

It's great that you are happy pottering around at home - so many people don't know what to do with themselves if they haven't got something on all the time. Outside of work I am happy to stay at home fiddling around or just relaxing !

I love fresh strawberries - if only we had some sucess growing them !

Have a great afternoon !
Me

jen said...

I love being at home just pottering/reading...wish I was more of a home body.

Chris H said...

I didn't know you could make just ONE jar of jam!
Too funny about the blue 'marshmallows'.

suzy said...

Yes Chris, just boil equal amounts of fruit (strawberries or raspberries)and sugar, and a tablespoon or two of lemon juice for ten minutes and you can make one jar or two or three of jam. I only tried it this year and it works beautifully. Takes a little bit of guessing to know how many jars you will end up with, but I sterilise a couple of extra jars just in case. I also keep them in the fridge after opening.